No matter how beautiful your site, when readers are thirsty for gathering information. They always look for connecting content. Website copywriting should start keeping this in mind . There is some proven research that indicates, firstly people move one web site to other to find the desired information and started scanning. They avoid reading first thoroughly. When they get noticed something related, they start judging whether it is helpful or not. So your job is to grab them and convert them according to your needs.
Noted when it is come to website copywriting and increasing traffic to sell, consider these practical guidelines.
Website copywriting for beginer:
1.Make it Clear and scan able:
People do not have enough time to judge your web content. They will give you less than 10 seconds to make them convinced. Easily readable and scanning friendly web content always get advantage to grab readers attention and make easy to digest your web page. Effective website copy writing tips which I always follow revealing to make your copy writing clear and scan able.
- Make small chunk by using one main idea for one paragraph.
- Catchy headline to tell readers about topic.
- Make some sub heading considering the main idea to elaborate.
- Use bullets and numbers for making list.
- Be intelligent on using italic or bold format.
- Give links on related topic.
2. Best worthy heading:
You should use creativity on writing heading. A catchy and connective heading always matters.
> In your website copy writing, readers get noticed heading first. If there is nothing to interest, they will just move on.
> Search Engine gets idea of topic from heading tag and key word.
During writing heading:
“”> Use prime key word.
“”> Using adjective and prepositions are not good practice (and, the, of, a).
“”> Characters should be within 70. (web writing best practice).
“”> Make it attractive and concise.
Make your visitor curious and motivated by using unbeatable formula for writing post title that’s forced to click.
3.Make content seo friendly:
When you are writing copy for website, do not only focus for humans. It is true that website copy writing is for humans, but never underestimate to optimize it to search engine.
- Set your key words considering topic.
- Work on placing these effectively.
- Beware of key word density.
- Using alt text optimize relevant images.
- Do not forget about heading tag and meta description.
4. Stay away from duplicate content:
Try to write fresh and original website content though in present there is an argument about possibilities of creating original web content are available or not. Forget this argument and follow this:
- Do not stuck in box during writing, think outside and write.
- Share your real experience to readers.
- Always try to improvise before publishing.
- Reflect your personality on your writing.
- Stay focused on topic.
5. Use simple language:
Never forget there are huge number of people outside around the world. English is their second language. Write considering the level of their understanding. You may know many rich words, it does mean you have to use it when comes in mind. It is better to go for using easy and simple words to make it understandable to all sphere of people. I recommend you write around 3rd to 8th grade level website copy writing.
- Give time for checking spell and grammar.
- Analise your word choices and style.
- Use some tool to get idea of grade level and read ability.
6. Recommending active boys not passive:
Let me try to make you clear this.( Actually I am not appropriate person for this). People love active voice, it seems to them there is someone for conversation.
Active voice: I give tips for writing web copy.
Passive voice: Tips for writing web copy are given by me.
I think it should end here.
7. Use connecting multimedia:
We have the chance of using art-work, graphics, video, flash banners, animation, bright images and so on, but in print they do not have these. This is an advantage when you use it creatively. Do not use this just for decoration.
In web these are also responsible to distract the readers. So use this carefully. We all know image speaks a lot and communicate with readers quickly than text. Take benefits of its.
8. Include five W’s:
You should write following inverted pyramid style. Web copy writing best practices that I really recommend you follow, answer the following questions given below first.
After that just elaborate to the point answer of “how”, it will make up the topic more relevant.
9. Include humor:
Do not bore your readers only keeping dry information give them some humor topic, for example I always find fun if I see someone writes “cutting-age” for marketing-ESE. (hey ! do not ask me, why?)
10. Write as like as conversation:
Do not forget your readers come with specific interest. They actually want solution from you. So be frank with them by writing always “you”. Use conversational tone, do not show your ego.
Remember your voice comes with writing. So be associated with your readers and fulfill their demand by writing solutions of buying, obtaining information, signing up for subscription and many other stuff. Make them comfortable and help them feel that we all in same room with smiling face.
11. Give summaries with conclusion:
If you really want to help your readers to take something from your web content, the best practice is to give effective summaries.
There are no magic to become web content writer in one sitting with cup of tea. Obviously you need to practice on using some standards guideline. Why not use these:
1. Make it Clear and scan able.
2. Best worthy heading.
3. Make content seo friendly.
4. Stay away from duplicate content.
5. Use simple language.
6. Recommending active boys not passive.
7. Use connecting multimedia.
8. Include five W’s.
9. Include humor.
10. Write as like as conversation.
11. Give summaries with conclusion.
What is web content? A door of earning.
Leave a Reply